ANSWERS TO THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is as ECO LIGHT TUNNEL solar tube?
How does the ECO LIGHT TUNNEL solar tube work?
What are the differences between flexible and rigid tube skylights?
Skylights with the UltraBright rigid tube without an adjustable bend are designed for installation in settings where the hole in the ceiling is directly under the hole on the flat roof. Using one or two adjustable bends allows us to avoid an obstacle or set a convenient angle adjusted to the pitch of the roof. The latest nano-reflective coating technology used in rigid tubes gives us the possibility of transferring light over considerable distances, up to more than a dozen meters. This is possible thanks to the 99.5% reflectance ratio. To give you a daily life example, the UltraBright rigid tube is approximately 20% more reflective than home mirrors.
What roof coverings can a solar tube be used on?
CAUTION! Do not install a skylight on a roof with a slope greater than 60°!
What are the available sizes of the ECO LIGHT TUNNEL solar tubes?
Solar Tubes with the UltraBright rigid tube are available in the following sizes: 250 (25 cm), 350 (35 cm), 550 (55 cm) and 850 (85 cm – for industrial applications). The product’s design makes it possible to use bends with an angle of 90 degrees, allowing for the light-transmitting tube to run horizontally on a selected section.
What accessories are available for the ECO LIGHT TUNNEL solar tubes?
- an adaptive collar – used for installing a skylight on corrugated roof coverings (tiles, corrugated sheet, etc.),
- a lighting fixture – allowing for the use of a skylight as a source of light after dark,
- a cover sleeve – protecting the pipe when passing through concrete ceilings or other structures with sharp edges,
- an insulated base – used to raise the dome 40 cm above the roof level. This solution is used on flat roofs.
- a crosspiece – used as anti-burglary protection in solar tubes with a diameter of 55 cm.
- a lifting ring – used when installing a skylight with a tube over 3 m long.
- a square ceiling kit for standard ceilings and a 60 × 60 cm version for modular ceilings
- a ceiling element galvanically covered with copper or chrome
What is the maximum length of the tube?
When using the UltraBright rigid tube, the length is virtually unlimited, since special tube coatings allow for an almost lossless transmission of light.
CAUTION! In the case of a 550 (55 cm) solar tube longer than 3.6 m it is necessary to use an ECO LIGHT TUNNEL lifting ring
How to choose the length of the tube?
What is the maximum bend angle for the flexible light-transmitting tube?
Can the UltraBright rigid light transmitting tube be bent?
We also offer bends with an angle of up to 90 degrees, making it possible, among other things, to install selected sections of the tube horizontally.
The use of two bends makes it easier to lead the light transmitting tube to the chosen installation spot in the ceiling.
Is it possible to install a skylight in a vertical wall?
What are the materials used to make the individual components of the ECO LIGHT TUNNEL skylight?
DIFFUSERS – PMMA with a UV filter
TUBE – metallized polyester (flexible tube). Aluminium and silver with reflective nano coatings (rigid tube).
FLEXIBLE PIPE FRAMEWORK – spring steel wire
ROOF FLASHING – coated aluminium (corrosion-proof)
LOWER RING – stainless steel
CEILING FRAME – white ABS plastic
What are the heat losses?
– up to U=2.3W/(m2.K) for a 250 (25 cm) diameter tube (surface area of the diffuser: 0.05 m2)
– up to U=2.2W/(m2.K) for a 350 (35 cm) diameter tube (surface area of the diffuser: 0.1 m2)
– up to U=2.1W/(m2.K) for a 550 (55 cm) diameter tube (surface area of the diffuser: 0.24 m2)
– up to U=1.8W/(m2.K) for a 850 (85 cm) diameter tube (surface area of the diffuser: 0.57 m2)
Research conducted by ITB Warsaw. Technical certification (AT-15-8914/2012).
The amount of light provided by the solar tubes and the lighted surface?
- Solar Tube 250 (ø25 cm) lightens a room of dimensions up to 2×2 m
- Solar Tube 350 (ø35 cm) lightens a room of dimensions up to 3×3 m
- Solar Tube 550 (ø55 cm) lightens a room of dimensions up to 5×5 m
- Solar Tube 850 (ø85 cm) lightens a room of dimensions up to 8×8 m
How much light can an Eco Light Tunnel with UltraBright tube provide?
|85 cm||37000 lm||20000 lm|
|55 cm||16000 lm||8000 lm|
|35 cm||6500 lm||3200 lm|
|25 cm||3000 lm||1300 lm|
What size holes should be cut in the roof and ceiling in order to install a solar tube?
|DIAMETER OF THE HOLE
IN THE ROOF
|DIAMETER OF THE HOLE
IN THE CEILING
|55 cm||60 cm||58,5 cm|
|35 cm||40 cm||38,5 cm|
|25 cm||30 cm||26 cm|
Does the dome require any maintenance?
Is the installation easy?
How much time does the installation take?
Is there a money back guarantee?
How long is the warranty?
The warranty covers only the value of the product.
Does the set include the roof flashing?
Can a solar tube be used to get inside the building?
It is not possible to enter the building through the small 250 (ø25 cm) and medium 350 (ø35 cm) skylight. For customers installing skylights with a diameter of ø55 cm, we offer an anti-burglary safety crosspiece made of chromed steel.